Great news! There are thousands of new places opening up across the country with delicious, healthy, fresh food. It’s even better than what you can get at the usual supermarket or even at health food stores. You don’t have to read labels most of the time. Does it sound too good to be true? Well, Farmer’s Markets are about to open up across the country. Most open in May or June.
Farmer’s Markets are a fabulous place to get gluten free and allergen free foods, too. Yes, many have a booth with baked goods or soups, but aside from that, it’s a paradise of gluten free goodness.
Benefits of shopping at the Farmer’s Market
- Fresh produce and meat-most fruits and vegetables are picked that day
- Support for local farmers
- Few or fewer pesticides on fruits and vegetables. A plum shipped from Chile need a lot of pesticides to keep it lovely even after traveling thousands of miles.
- Better taste! There’s nothing that compares to the taste of a freshly picked tomato, peach, or apple.
- The “manufacturer” is usually right in front of you, so if you have questions about how something is made or grown, just ask!
Up-to-date resources here:
Harris Whole Health offers individual sessions, family sessions and group classes to help people eat healthier and feel better! Whether you are dealing with Celiac Disease, food allergies, picky eaters, children on the Autistic spectrum, chronic illness, or if you just want to feel and look better, Cheryl can help you achieve your goals. For an appointment with Cheryl Harris, Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist, please click here or call 571-271-8742.