Sessions & Insurance
Ready to schedule? Contact Cheryl via email or phone (571-271-8742)
Sessions are generally centered around a coaching, goal setting model. More info here.
We’ll examine your current habits and identify areas for change. Often this includes:
- Simple, easy suggestions for dietary changes, including quick and balanced ideas for meals and snacks, recipes, healthier brands, etc.
- Strategies for decreasing mindless eating.
- Exploring your relationship with food, mindfulness and emotional eating.
- Maintaining a healthy weight and avoiding chronic disease
- Strategies to make sure you’re getting enough movement, sleep and stress management.
- Supplements as necessary
For gluten-free and allergy clients:
- Basics of a gluten free/allergen free diet
- Dining out without gluten or other allergens
- Managing multiple food allergies and intolerances
- Easy, healthy and portable foods for snacks
- Eating well to prevent long-term issues
- Resources, such as books, websites and support groups
Low FODMAP diet
Okay, your doctor handed you a list, but now what? We’ll look at
- Most accurate lists and guidance
- Ideas for meals, recipes
- Brands you can find locally
- How to read labels for FODMAPs
- Cookbooks, websites, etc.
- Reintroducing FODMAPs to identify the problem components
- Making it work even if you’re vegetarian, vegan, Kosher, hate to cook, have allergies, etc.
Phone consultations also available. Often it’s easier to work with someone in person, but if you don’t have a Celiac, low FODMAP, autoimmune or allergy expert nearby, it can be a good option.
*Limited evening and Sunday appointments available at the Fairfax location*
Please note: a cancellation fee is charged for all appointments canceled with less than 24 hours/1 Business day of notice.
- An initial session is $150
- Follow up sessions pricing depends on the length of session needed.
Pre-paid packages for self-pay clients:
- packages are valid for one year from purchase, and no refunds will be provided after the first session.
Prefer not to pay online? Contact us directly about purchasing a package.
Want to give someone you love (possibly yourself!) the gift of good nourishment? Gift Certificates available.
Cheryl is a provider for the following health plans:
- Aetna HMO, PPO, etc.
- Medicare–coverage is limited to diabetes or renal disease per Medicare’s coverage terms
- Anthem BCBS
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- BCBS Federal Employee Program (FEP)
- Carefirst GHMSI Participating Provider
- Carefirst Select Preferred Provider
Please check with your specific plan to determine coverage for nutrition services. Most plans cover only “medically necessary” services as determined by your insurance provider and some require a referral. Also, please note that most insurance plans only cover in person visits, not phone or Skype.
Also, in-person expenses for Nutrition Counseling are eligible for reimbursement through a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or a Health Savings Account (HSA). Cheryl will provide you with the necessary paperwork for submission.
Tricare does not cover nutrition services. However, Cheryl will provide a 15% discount to immediate family members of active duty military who are not covered by other insurance in gratitude for your service to our country.
Some insurance companies cover nutrition counseling. If your insurance plan covers nutrition services, Cheryl will provide a form to submit to your insurance as an out of network provider. As a Registered Dietitian (RD) plans that include nutrition services may reimburse you.
Please contact your insurance plan for more details.