Sessions & Insurance
Sessions are generally centered around a coaching, goal setting model. More info here.
We’ll examine your current habits and identify areas for change. Often this includes:
- Simple, easy suggestions for dietary changes, including quick and balanced ideas for meals and snacks.
- Strategies for decreasing mindless eating.
- Exploring your relationship with food, mindfulness and emotional eating.
- Strategies to make sure you’re getting enough movement, sleep and stress management.
- Supplements as necessary
For gluten-free and allergy clients:
- Basics of a gluten free/allergen free diet
- Managing multiple food allergies and intolerances
- Easy, healthy and portable foods for snacks
- Where to eat and shop—restaurants and stores
- Resources, such as books, websites and support groups
- Supplements if necessary
- Maintaining a healthy weight and avoiding chronic disease
Individual sessions and classes available.
Multiple session packages are also available for weight loss or longer term goals.
Phone consultations also available. Often it’s easier to work with someone in person, but if you don’t have a Celiac, low FODMAP, autoimmune or allergy expert nearby, it can be a good option.
*Limited evening and Sunday appointments available*
Please note: a cancellation fee is charged for all appointments canceled with less than 48 hours notice.
Want to give someone you love (possibly yourself?) the gift of good nourishment? Gift Certificates available.
Cheryl is a provider for the following health plans:
- Aetna HMO, PPO, etc.
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield (NOT BlueChoice)
- BCBS Federal Employee Program (FEP)
- Carefirst GHMSI Participating Provider
- Carefirst Select Preferred Provider
As of Feb 2015, Cheryl will be an out-of-network for Blue Choice HMO and no longer accepting new BlueChoice PPO clients.
Please check with your specific plan to determine coverage for nutrition services. Most plans cover only “medically necessary” services as determined by your insurance provider and some require a referral. Also, please note that most insurance plans only cover in person visits, not phone or Skype.
Also, expenses for Nutrition Counseling are eligible for reimbursement through a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or a Health Savings Account (HSA). Cheryl will provide you with the necessary paperwork for submission.
Tricare does not cover nutrition services. However, Cheryl will provide a 15% discount to immediate family members of active duty military who are not covered by other insurance in gratitude for your service to our country.
Some insurance companies cover nutrition counseling. If your insurance plan covers nutrition services, Cheryl will provide a form to submit to your insurance as an out of network provider. As a Registered Dietitian (RD) plans that include nutrition services may reimburse you.
Please note that Cheryl does NOT have a contract with Anthem, and many of claims submitted to Anthem have been denied. Advance payment is required for Anthem clients until/unless their policies change.
Please contact your insurance provider for more details.