In honor of Valentine’s day, here are some of the things I <heart> in the gluten-free and Celiac world!
- First things first: About.com’s Gluten-Free Valentine’s Day Candy List
- Hungry for a new gluten-free breakfast cereal? Shelley Case has a great listing of nutritional values of different cereals.
- I profiled a variety of heart-and-Celiac friendly blogs in my Jan Newsletter.
- I rarely advertise products, but made an exception because I think this is one many people will enjoy. I hear so many complaints of people who are looking for more variety and bored with the usual gluten-free suspects.
- I had the pleasure of reviewing quite a few books last year. I was very surprised that the one that got the most use was “Gluten-Free in Five Minutes” by Roben Ryberg. I’m a bit of a food snob and not a fan of microwaves. That being said, I really appreciate being able to make a little g-free cake for my favorite husband in just a few minutes.
- Love to read everything you can on celiac disease? My favorite book on the science along with Celiac is Real Life with Celiac disease by Melinda Dennis and David Leffler.
Celiac Webinars: New Project that makes my heart flutter:
I’m very excited about my new Celiac Webinar Series for Dietitians, nutritionists and health professionals. They’re they’re research focused and aimed at health professionals, but anyone is welcome to take them, and CEUs available for RDs/DTRs.
- Celiac Disease: What every RD Should Know
- Gluten Free and Healthy
- Gluten Sensitivity
- A Happy, Healthy Pregnancy and Baby
- To sign up and for more info, see http://dietitiancentral.com/ceu/course_list.cfm
Love my newsletters? You can now subscribe in a reader, too, and leave comments on my blog.
Cheryl Harris, MPH, RD is a Registered Dietitian, Nutritionist and Certified Wellness Coach in Fairfax & Alexandria, VA. I work with people to feel and look their best with a range of specialties, including Celiac Disease, food allergies, pregnancy, breastfeeding, vegetarian and vegan diets, preventing diseases and “whole foods” eating. Let’s get you on your way to achieving your goals. Email me or call 571-271-8742.