- Locally grown/organic grocery delivery or pick up
- Farmer’s Markets
- Local Farms
- DC Area and online meditation resources
DC Metro Pre-made Meals
- Diet to Go: Vegetarian, low carb options
- Fresh and lean–Vegan meals
- Metabolic Meals
- Mighty Meals VA Fresh, organic, gluten-free*/Paleo options
- Territory Foods (was Power Supply) Gluten*/dairy free, Paleo options
*gluten free per website–if you have Celiac disease, do double check re: preparation and cross-contamination protocols
- City of Alexandria Farmers Markets
- Fairfax county Farmers Markets
- Arlington Farmers Markets
- Other NoVa Farmers Market links
- DC Farmers’ Markets
- DMV area Farmers’ Market links from Washington Post
- Nationwide listing of USDA Farmer’s Markets
- Nationwide listing that includes markets, farms, farm stands, CSAs etc.
Farms, CSAs, etc.
Nearby in Centreville. Some fresh fruits and veggies from the farm and nearby farms in the summer and fall, and furry animals!
Mount Vernon Farms
Local produce, with location in Alexandria
Farm in the Shenandoah Valley with pastured meats and eggs that are delivered locally or bought in bulk
South Mountain Veggies
Delivered, locally grown produce from Frederick County, MD
www.localharvest.org Community Supported Agriculture (or CSAs) allow people to buy a ‘share’ in a farm and pick up a bag of fresh fruits, vegetables and other foods weekly. Pick up points are located throughout D.C. and suburbs. Foods vary week to week and usually come with recipes.
Organic Grocery Delivery Services
- Amazon Fresh http://amzn.to/2kLS6w5
- Door to Door organics https://www.doortodoororganics.com/ produce and groceries
- Washington’s green grocer https://www.washingtonsgreengrocer.com/ Produce and also some groceries
- Hungry Harvest: http://www.hungryharvest.net/ local produce boxes delivered to the DC area. Bonus–helps feed the hungry! Down side–not yet available in all of N. VA (as of 2/17, only Alex & Arlington)