- NoVA/DC/MD Locally Grown Resources, <—Farms, CSAs, grocery delivery
- Environmental Working Group Food Shopper’s Guide: features the 12 fruits and veggies with the most and least pesticides so you’ll know which ones to buy organic, and which conventionally-grown ones are okay when organic isn’t available.
- Foodsubs.com: Need to make a last minute substitution, or want to learn more about your ingredients? This site has great information on a wide range of familiar, global and ethnic foods
- Guide for cooking temperatures for oils from Spectrum Organics. Obviously, there are other good brands of oils out there, too, but it’s good general information on how to use oils.
- Nutrition Data: lists nutrient info for many fresh, packaged and fast food products
- Sweetener guide from Sacramento Natural Food Coop. Great information on substitutions.
- World’s Healthiest Foods: information, questions and answers and great healthy recipes
Locally grown produce links (all naturally GF!):
- Local Farmers’ Market information: Official USDA Farmers’ Market site Most Farmers’ Markets are open from May-November.
- Green Grocer, an Organic Grocery Delivery Service 301-333-3697
Delivers organic fruits, veggies and herbs to DC, VA and MD
All about Chia/Salba
Autism and GFCF resources:
- Talk About Curing Autism (TACA): Great overall info, especially for beginners
- Autism Share: has recipes with ratings and tips
Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Resources