Let the fun begin again! To celebrate the New Year and get off on a healthy start, it’s time for another round of healthy gluten free recipes . Please submit your favorites by Feb 25th to win great prizes of course, bragging rights. Voting will be through March 25th. Winners of prizes will be announced in the beginning of April.
Please only submit original recipes, or recipes that you have changed to be gluten free or healthier. Winners must be from the US or Canada because of shipping costs…sorry!
The categories are:
- Allergy friendly or vegan–Prize from Enjoy Life
- Kid Friendly–$75 gift tote from Bob’s Red Mill
- Treats/baked goods—Carol Fenster’s amazing new book, 1000 GF Recipes
- Main meal-The Gluten Free Nutrition Guide, by Tricia Thompson, RD
Healthy (or healthier) Recipe Guidelines
There are different guidelines for what counts as healthy, and some disagreement among experts. But there is a lot of agreement, too, and so for the contest, we’ll define a healthy recipe as:
- Featuring whole fruits, vegetables, beans, and nuts
- Avoiding pro-inflammatory fats, like trans and animal fats (bacon, cream, butter, etc)
- Containing limited or no sugar
- When possible, adding in great sources of fiber, like flax seeds, bran, mesquite, Montina, etc.
- Containing mostly whole grain flours (Amaranth, brown rice, millet, quinoa, sorghum, teff, wild rice) and limiting tapioca starch, potato starch, cornstarch, etc.
Harris Whole Health offers individual sessions, family sessions and group classes to help people eat healthier and feel better! Whether you are dealing with Celiac Disease, food allergies, picky eaters, children on the Autistic spectrum, chronic illness, or if you just want to feel and look better, Cheryl can help you achieve your goals. For an appointment with Cheryl Harris, Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist, please click here or call 571-271-8742.