- Join me Weds March 18th 2-4pm EST for a live webinar through Dietitian Central on a Gluten-Free and Healthy Diet. We’ll be talking about arsenic, nutritional deficiencies, g-free grains, grain-free diets and the latest research on long-term health on a gluten-free diet. Courses are always interactive and we’ll be covering lots of interesting info.
- Paleo or no-go? Here’s a roundup of research on the Paleo diet.
- A new study shows that monitoring the growth of children can often be a good indicator of Celiac disease and could accurately predict it over 80% of the time.
- …and another 2015 study shows that gluten-sensitivity is a real phenomenon.
- We all hear about probiotics or good bacteria. New studies shows they may even affect risk of diabetes and the risk of food allergies in infants.
- Polysorbate 80? Carboxymethylcellulose? No, these don’t have gluten, but these common ingredients and may lead to an increased risk of Crohn’s or Ulcerative colitis.
- If you’re local to the DC metro area, consider checking out the new GF cooking classes at Wildfire to support the Children’s National Medical Celiac program.
- And Passover is just around the corner! I’ve got an article in the March/April issue of Simply Gluten-Free Magazine on gluten-free Passover options and expanded gluten-free options for the rest of the g-free community, as well, since many Passover options are naturally gluten-free.
Harris Whole Health offers individual sessions, family sessions and group classes to help people eat healthier and feel better! Cheryl works with people to feel and look their best with a range of specialties, including Celiac Disease, food allergies, pregnancy, breastfeeding, vegetarian and vegan diets, preventing diseases and “whole foods” eating. Let’s get you on your way to achieving your goals. For an appointment with Cheryl Harris, Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist, please click here, email or call 571-271-8742