Everything gluten-free clients need and want in a nice little package! The basics, cross contamination, sample easy meals and snacks for a variety of dietary needs, including dairy free, vegetarian, and vegan diets, insurance letters, ICD 10 coding “cheat sheet” and much more (see list below) & feedback from nutrition professionals.
Make it easy to give your clients the gluten-free information they need and want. These are customizable to your practice and available as a electronic files or on a CD via “snail mail.” The electronic version will be emailed to you within one business day, and for the hard copy version, the handout CD will be mailed out in 1-2 business days.
All handouts are not “locked” to allow you to customize materials for use with clients only. However, these materials are copyrighted and for the purpose of the person purchasing them. They should not be posted in a public forum without written permission.
- Gluten-Free Basics (2 pg)
- Cross Contamination (2pg)
- New Ruling Defining Gluten-Free
- Easy Gluten-free Meals from the Regular Grocery Store (2 pg)
- Easy Gluten-Free and Dairy Free Meals (2 pg)
- Easy Gluten-Free Pesco-Vegetarian Meals (2 pg)
- Easy Gluten-Free Vegetarian Meals
- New Gluten-Free Client Intake Form
- Gluten-free Breakfasts
- Gluten-Free Snacks
- Gluten and Dairy Free Sources of Calcium
- Dining Recommendations
- Gluten-Free High Fiber Baking Supplies
- Gluten-Free and Healthy Summary
- Healthier Gluten-Free Specialty Foods
- Best Gluten-Free Resources (overview of websites, books, etc. aimed at clients)
- RD Celiac/GF resources (for RDs)
- MNT Coding Cheat Sheet for ICD 9 & ICD 10
- Insurance letters for appeal of services
- “I use your gluten free materials all of the time and find them so helpful in my practice!”
- “These are awesome! Can’t wait to share them with clients!”
- “The handouts look amazing!! Thanks for creating these!”
- Thank you so much these are awesome! I was working on my own handouts, then when searching my e-mail for something else I came across yours in one of the NE e-mails, and saw they were much more comprehensive that what I already have. Great job!
These handouts do not replicate topics found in the EAL Celiac Disease Kit
- Consider also using this FDA handout pdf (free) which explains the FALCPA legislation:
- AND EAL (Evidence Analysis Library) has a wonderful Celiac Disease Kit with cases studies and resources.
Note: These contain info based on U.S. laws, and would not be ideal for International customers.
NEW: Celiac Disease: What Every RD Should Know 2016 edition
Join me for a 2 hour webinar on “Celiac Disease: What Every RD Should Know” through Dietitian Central.
Upon successful completion of this 2 hour course, the participant should be able to:
- Understand the biology behind Celiac disease
- Recognize our changing understanding of the symptoms of Celiac, prevalence, etc.
- Describe which testing methods are scientifically valid
- Understand what gluten is and where it is found
- Find gluten on labels in live examples with labels
- Discuss the regulations that changed in 2014 and how they affect gluten-free client
- Describe current 2016 controversies around fermented foods, oats, alcohol and more
- List foods at high risk of cross-contamination
- Identify the best resources for RDs and clients
This course is designed for nutritionists, but will apply to any health professionals…and I’ve had clients get a lot out of previous versions, too. To register, see Dietitian Central’s site.
CEUs available for RDs/DTRs